This article from DC news explains the back story.
The power has been out at my apartment for the last three days. If you are in Utah right now, you think, no big deal the lights don't come on but out here in DC it's over 90 degrees and inside the house it's the same. It's just so hot!
Last night we (Christina, Jiro, and I) decided that we would take everything out of the fridge to take to my co-worker Antonia Ferrier's house. So we packed it up in garbage bags, getting rid of over $50.00 worth of food that had spoiled and my cooler. Just as we started to leave the house the power came back on, so we unpacked all of our food, unfortunately this was short lived. The power stayed on for about a half hour. I almost cried when it went back out, because as hot as it is inside the house it's still hotter outside and there is no relief.
It's so hot in the house that I can't sleep (even when wearing practically nothing to bed) and the showers I've been taking are cold and no blow drying so my hair is a little crazy. However, the most entertaining thing of last evening was Jiro. He believes that candles are a fire hazard and so has instituted a rule that each of us are only allowed one candle. The apartment is practically totally dark and I'm running short on clean clothes.
Anyways, remember me when it snows at your houses this weekend again! LOL (in some ways I'm still laughing at you all back home, even with the extreme heat here).
No comments:
Post a Comment