So something pretty cool happened this last Sunday. A guy that I went with the Sister Missionaries to teach got baptized. It was awesome! He has lots of questions about the church but he'll be a great member. It was so cool to see him want to be a "Mormon". He had a great story too. He said one night he was watching some late night show and a commercial came on saying that if you called a certain number they would send you a free bible. Some young Mormons showed up at his house with the bible a few days later. He said "I called for a bible, not the Mormon's who came with it." But he was touched at the Young Men's dedication to God and listened to their message. He didn't want to become a member then but two years later the Sister Missionaries felt inspired to visit him again and sure enough he was ready to hear the full message. It was a super touching experience to see his understanding grow.
I'm not nearly as appreciative as I should be for our church. The LDS church is so freaking awesome, it's got the whole deal.
Anyways just wanted to share that with you all, it touched me.
No comments:
Post a Comment